Will Smith Net Worth = $360 Million
Will Smith is an Actor that got his start rapping. He is considered have one of the most recognizable faces in the world. He has won four Grammy Awards and been for Five Golden Globes, and two Academy Awards.
Will Smith made his first break into fame as a rapper under the name Fresh Prince. He really became a mainstream name after the show. It was his first time ever acting. The show went on for 6 seasons before he decided it was time to make the jump for movies. He has had have 8 films in a row gross over $100 Million.
Growing up in West Philly, Smith never had any plans of actually going to college though he had good grades. The plan was always to be a rapper. Fate played in has favor when he got to meet DJ Jazzy Jeff when he was a DJ at a house party a few doors down. The duo combined to make some of the hottest hip hop songs of all time. Will Smith's music was loved because it had no profanity and it was very light in nature. Then the duo made the song "Summer Time" which will always be a an anthem for BBQs.
He was a star and the song earned him a Grammy. The only problem was that he racked up a $2.8 Million tax bill with the IRS and they ended up taking a lot of his stuff. That is right when NBC called to start "The Fresh Prince of Bell Air". The show launched the career of one of the top grossing actors ever.
Source of $$$
Quotes - Will Smith Net Worth and Key Habits
1. “Throughout life people will make you mad, disrespect you and treat you bad. Let God deal with the things they do, cause hate in your heart will consume you too.” – Will Smith
2. “I believe you need to be educated on what you want to do in life, but I don’t believe you necessarily need college to get there.” – Will Smith
3. “The keys to life are running and reading. When you’re running, there’s a little person that talks to you and says, “Oh I’m tired. My lung’s about to pop. I’m so hurt. There’s no way I can possibly continue.” You want to quit. If you learn how to defeat that person when you’re running. You will how to not quit when things get hard in your life. For reading: there have been gazillions of people that have lived before all of us. There’s no new problem you could have–with your parents, with school, with a bully. There’s no new problem that someone hasn’t already had and written about it in a book.” – Will Smith
4. “If you’re not making someone else’s life better, then you’re wasting your time. Your life will become better by making other lives better.” – Will Smith
5. “Life isn’t how many breaths you take, but it’s the moments that take your breath away.” – Will Smith
Will Smith Net Worth and Key Habits
Habit #1 - Outwork Them
Will Smith is known for saying, that he will either die on the treadmill or others will get off first. Its a great mindset to have. Will Smith has never seemed to be the most gifted at anything. There are better rappers and actors but there are not many who are more popular and likable then him. He works his tail off for his roles. Everything he does he wants to be the most prepared that he can possibly be.
You can't control many things in life. The one thing you can always control is the effort you give to prepare for an opportunity. You have control over that! When you realize you have that control, develop the habit of working hard. Make people feel like they can never keep up with you even if you are more talented.
Habit #2 - Follow Your Vision
Will Smith has always had a grand vision for his life. He wanted to be a rapper so bad that he never even considered college. It was not even an after thought for him. He knew that he would be a star one way or another. He made the jump from music to TV and then from TV to blockbuster movies. Each time he made these jumps he was following a vision he had for his life.
Other people doubted him and thought he was crazy. Who would come off a Grammy and then go to TV or give up a dope TV show for more. He was able to do it well each time regardless of the critics.
You have to live every second of your own life and no one else can live that for you. Take ownership for where you have been and press forward to go where you want to go. If you don't follow your vision then you're going to follow the vision that someone else has for your life.
Habit #3 - Take Ownership
Will Smith often preaches about the difference between fault and responsibility. It may not be your fault that you experienced horrible things in your child hood, but its for sure your responsibility to make sure that those traumas don't destroy you going forward. Will Smith takes full ownership for his life. When his movies do poorly he takes ownership for the fact that he could have done a better job. No blame or hiding from having to get better.
The issue with blame is that you relinquish all of your power to own the situation. When you pass blame you lose control because you can't control what others do. When you take ownership you have the power to do something different going forward. For example, you may not like the weather where you live but you can't change that. What you can do is take ownership for the fact that you live there and move to a place without that weather.