You might wonder why you should bother reading yet another list of excellent books on real estate investment trusts. As a result of COVID-19, and most other crises, real estate prices are expected to fall, even if only by a few percentage points. Furthermore, the regularity of REIT earnings and high dividend yields make real estate investment trusts a one-of-a-kind investment opportunity. Here are the best three books on real estate investment trusts to read so that you’ll be prepared when the time to invest comes.
1) Investing in REITs: Real Estate Investment Trusts, 4th Edition
Investing in REITs, by Ralph L. Block, is now in its fourth edition. His books are worth reading because they are an authoritative REIT investment advice for individual and institutional investors for a long time. REIT investing is a lucrative but a tricky sector. Thus, having an expert weigh in can make the process less intimidating, especially for newcomers. Understanding and maneuvering through this appealing asset class have above-average dividend yields and reliable profitability. This book is a must-read for investors, financial planners, and investment advisers interested in learning more about REITs and their investment possibilities.
Block’s fourth Edition of Investing in REITS covers:
- A detailed history of the REIT sector
- How REITs relate to other types of investments
- How to identify blue-chip REITs and manage investment risk
- How to assess specific REIT stocks and REIT shares in general
- How to establish a diversified REIT portfolio directly or through REIT mutual funds
- Understanding the risk-and-reward dynamics of commercial real estate Assessing non-US REITs and how to invest in them
The historical success of Investing in REITs is brought straight up to date by author Ralph L. Block. He has been investing in REIT equities for 40 years and is widely considered a leading authority on REITs. Individuals and institutions interested in investing in commercial real estate through REIT equities should read this book.
2) Educated REIT Investing: The Ultimate Guide to Understanding and Investing in Real Estate Investment Trusts
Educated REIT Investing is the definitive resource for investors, financial advisers, and students interested in learning how to invest in real estate investment trusts. This fantastic book provides all the knowledge you need about REIT. It blends pragmatic strategies and advice with a thorough exploration of the fundamentals of the REIT industry. Stephanie Krewson-Kelly and Glenn R. Mueller, PhD, both experienced REIT authors and investors, collaborated to write this book as guide for investing in Real Estate Investment Trusts.
Items covered in the book include:
- Basic information about REITs and the REIT industry
- REIT-specific terminology explained in plain English
- Historical REIT industry performance tables and trading perspectives
- Analysis and equations needed to calculate critical metrics used to determine the suitability of companies for investment purposes, illustrated with simple examples
- Simple, easy-to-understand reference to start or increase their knowledge of real-estate investment trusts and their analysis
3) The Intelligent REIT Investor: How to Build Wealth with Real Estate Investment Trusts
REITs separated from the Financials sector, where they traded since their inception in 1960, and now trade as their own S&P Sector. This separation from banks and financial institutions has attracted new investors. Still, REITs necessitate industry-specific information that has previously been inaccessible to entrants. This book will let any reader learn and comprehend the terminology and valuation methodologies used in REIT investing. They are giving a variety of practical resources that streamline the learning process. It uses a clear language and easy examples to illustrate crucial topics. The talk clarifies vocabulary, metrics, and other vital issues, while examples demonstrate the computations used to assess prospects.
Real estate investment trusts have a long track record of success (over fifty years) and they have made it to the big leagues. Prepare yourself and your portfolio to benefit from the surge in REIT demand that has accompanied the establishment of a Real Estate GICS sector. Besides, some businesses own or finance commercial rental properties such as shopping malls and apartment complexes. This book will teach you the fundamentals of REIT investing so that you can:
- Make more informed―and profitable―decisions
- Understand REITs processes, mechanisms, and industry
- Calculate key metrics to identify suitable companies
- Access historical performance tables and industry-specific terminology
- Identify publicly-traded REITs quickly and easily
The above books are top three real estate investment trusts books to read in 2022. Unlike other real estate books, the one highlighted in this article will equip you with the knowledge and skills you’ll need to be a successful REIT investor. That way, you will have a better understanding of the real estate investment trusts so that you can make better financial decisions in your investment undertakings.