"A great defensive play is worth about five points in emotion." -- Caren Kemner. Here are 36 Awesome Volleyball Quotes.
2. “A hard practice makes an easy game.” Uknown.
3. “Set your goals high, and don’t stop till you get there.” Bo Jackson.
4. “The difference between the impossible and the possible lies in a man’s determination.” Tommy Lasorda.
5. “You have to expect things of yourself before you can do them.” Michael Jordan.
6. “The best and fastest way to learn a sport is to watch and imitate a champion.” Unknown.
7. “Champions keep playing till they get it right.” Billie Jean King.
8. “The difference between a successful person and others is not a lack of strength, not a lack of knowledge, but rather a lack of will.” Vincent T. Lombardi.
9. “Every game is an opportunity to measure yourself against your own potential.” Bud Wilkinson.
10. Volleyball rules are simple. If it is on the floor, pick it up and get it into the air. If it is in the air, keep it off the floor.” John Kessel.
11. “I’ve always believed that if you put in the work, the results will come. I don’t do things half-heartedly. Because I know if I do, then I can expect half-hearted results.” Michael Jordan.
12. “The only reason I go to school is to play Volleyball.” Unknown.
13. “Volleyball is the sport through which I am able to express my God-given talents of being an athlete. It is a sport which involves relating, pushing, and encouraging your teammates. It has helped evolve me into the person I am today.” David Beard.
14. “Success is a journey, not a destination.” Unknown.
15. “Volleyball is one of the most interactive games going. It is a game of intuition, imagination, improvisation—but most of all, of reciprocity. Of teamwork. There is no way to freelance in volleyball.” Marv Dunphy.
16. “Give it your all on the sprawl, Drop a pancake and keep it clean, Find the target, put ‘em on the hook then dish it up, flare and catch some air, Check the set, bring some heat and watch them ball.” Unknown.
17. “If volleyball was easy it would be called football.” Uknown.
18. Volleyball is 90% Heart, 10% Skill, and 10% Passion. You ALWAYS give 110%!!!! No matter what.” Unknown.
19. “I celebrate a victory when I start walking off the field. By the time I get to the locker room, I’m done.” Tom Osborne.
20. “Don’t just beat them, make a lasting impression that makes them never want to see your face again.” Mia Hamm.
21. “Your mommy called. She said you left your game at home.” Unknown.
22. “On beach volleyball: You touch every other ball and, if you screw up, you only have one more person to back you up. You can’t go hide in the corner.” Kerri Walsh.
23. “Sometimes it is more important to discover what one cannot do than what one can do.” Lin Yutang.
24. “One finger cannot lift a pebble.” Hopi Saying.
25. “Volleyball, invented by men, perfected by women.” Unknown.
26. “Volleyball anchored me at a time in my life when I needed it. It gave me a reason for being this big, big girl.” Gabrielle Reece.
27. “Everyone talks about age, but it’s not about age. It’s about work ethic. Winning never gets old.” Lisa Leslie.
28. “I’ve worked too hard and too long to let anything stand in the way of my goals. I will not let my teammates down and I will not let myself down.” Mia Hamm.
29. “It takes a lot of hard work and dedication just like any pro sport. Especially for beach volleyball, you don’t have to be tall or as fast as other sports. You just have to have the skills.”Misty May.
30. “The quality of a person’s life is in direct proportion to their commitment to excellence, regardless of their chosen profession.” unknown.
31. I learned that if you want to make it bad enough, no matter how bad it is, you can make it.” Gale Sayers.
32. “Be so good they can’t ignore you.” Steve Martin.
33. Volleyball rules are simple. If it is on the floor, pick it up and get it into the air. If it is in the air, keep it off the floor.” John Kessel.
34. “It’s what you learn after you know it all that counts.” John Wooden.
35. “It doesn’t matter if you lose, it matters if you don’t try.” Unknown.
36. “Pain is temporary, Pride is forever.” Unknown.