Akon Net Worth = $80 Million
Akon has built an impressive net worth as a rapper, singer, song writer and entrepreneur. He rose to the top of the music business in 2004 with his hit song Locked Up on his debut album Trouble.
He then created Konvict Music which helped to launch the careers of Lady Gaga, T-Pain, and Kardinal Offishall to name a few. His second album Konvicted came out full force with the top hits "Smack That" and "I Wanna Love You".
Source of Wealth
Aliaune Damala Bouga Time Puru Nacka Lu Lu Lu Badara Akon Thiam
Quotes - Akon Net Worth and Key Habits
1. “My ideas come when I least expect it, so I’ve always got to have a studio nearby or close by somewhere.” – Akon
2. “I love to just go to the movies, watch movies, listen to the scores and all that ’cause that’s, like, the next step for me.” – Akon
3. I always feel like ‘as long as I’m doin’ what I love to do, the money’s naturally gonna come.’ When you start thinkin’ business and you start thinkin’ ‘What’s hot? What’s the wave? Who is hot? Let’s get at that person,’ it becomes a point where you’re tryin’ to strategize to make money. And that’s always a gamble.– Akon
4. “I always want to set myself a challenge by doing something no-one would expect me to do! But, having said that, I don’t feel as a musician you can steer too far away from what you normally do.” – Akon
5.”I’m a polygamist. I can afford to have as many wives as I can afford to have. All Africans believe in it. My dad has four wives.” – Akon
6. “It’s always the music first for me. But if the music isn’t selling, there isn’t gonna be any business. So you gotta make sure music is always the first priority.” – Akon
Habit #1 - Think Big
Akon spent time in prison. When he was in there he created a 10-year plan for his life and where he wanted to be.
He started using his musical gifts but the vision came from a jail cell and wanting to do more with his life. Its hard to think big when nothing in your life is going the way you want it to but Akon was able to not only create a vision but actually follow through on it.
He created Konvict music and shifted his thinking to how he could make music legally.
You must constantly think bigger and bigger. There is no room for small thinking in life because you rarely get more than you set out to get. If you aim to make $100,000, you will end up making $60,000. You should be aiming to make 10x what you actually want to make.
Habit #2 - Don't Copy Others
Akon has an original sound and you can tell his music apart from others. He has made music in Tamil, Hindi and Spanish to help push himself outside of his comfort zone. Akon understands music and good vocals so well that he has been featured on over 300 other tracks.
Great artists understand what Akon brings to the table because he does not look to copy or repeat what he has done in the past. Akon has consistently carved out his own way and path. After getting arrested he used that as motivation to be who he was always meant to be.
Learn from others but don't feel pressure to copy them or be them. Its a waste of time. You want to focus your time instead on being the best version of yourself that you can possibly be. You can't be duplicated with this strategy because no one has the power to be just like you.
Habit #3 - Perfect Your Craft
Akon constantly preaches about understanding the business that you are in. Understand how music is made and who is making the money. You have to build the right legal team and have the right people around you before you sign anything.
You could be signing a contract with the devil if you don't do this. Akon believes knowing the entire business is a part of perfecting your craft, not just being able to make good music.
You may be a skilled athlete, carpenter or cook, but do you understand the business? Money is what makes the world turn so you better figure out how you can make the globe spin a bit faster.
Perfecting your craft is not just building the habit of learning more and practicing your skill but its also making sure you understand the business you are in from front to back. You have no excuse not to understand it because if you don't it can leave you open to being taken advantage of.