"I love borders. August is the border between summer and autumn; it is the most beautiful month I know." ―Tove Jansson. Here are 27 Lovely August Quotes.
1. "August was nearly over - the month of apples and falling stars, the last care-free month for the school children. The days were not hot, but sunny and limpidly clear - the first sign of advancing autumn." ―Victor Nekrasov
2. "Every summer my mother would say, 'Get that job and hold on to it until August 30.'" ―Chris Matthews
3. "August is the month when wars start. It’s when the water dries up and the spirit begins to wither. Insomniacs pull down their shades and lock themselves in their rooms in August. Lifelong friends have fist fights. People feel like they’re going to burst. Sometimes they do." ―Al Aronowitz
4. "This morning, the sun endures past dawn. I realise that it is August: the summer's last stand." ―Sara Baume
5. "August used to be a sad month for me. As the days went on, the thought of school starting weighed heavily upon my young frame." ―Henry Rollins
6. "August brings into sharp focus and a furious boil everything I've been listening to in the late spring and summer." ―Henry Rollins
7. "What happens is that every August photographers camp out in Hyannis Port. So anytime I go down to the beach, or go to the pier or whatever, there's no avoiding them." ―John F. Kennedy Jr.
8. "The brilliant poppy flaunts her head Amidst the ripening grain, And adds her voice to sell the song, That August's here again."
9. "The west coast of Corsica on a boat in August is probably as beautiful as it gets." ― Antoine Arnault
10. "August is the month of the high-sailing hawks. The hen hawk is the most noticeable. He is a bird of leisure and seems always at his ease. How beautiful and majestic are his movements!" ―John Burroughs
11. "Take me to that island where people celebrate in the streets in August . . . Take me to Barbados." ―Charmaine J. Forde
12. "Leaving any bookstore is hard, especially on a day in August, when the street outside burns and glares, and the books inside are cool and crisp to the touch." ―Jane Smiley
13. "That smell of freshly cut grass makes me think of Friday night football in high school. . . .The cutting of the grass reminds me of the August practice." ―Garth Brooks
14. "In August most of Europe goes on holiday." ―Tony Visconti
15. "We used to play football on the levee, with no shirts on in the summer - August in New Orleans - and my skin would turn red." ―Aaron Neville
16. "It's part of the American experience: We deal with mosquitoes in August." ―Monica Hesse
17. "In August, the large masses of berries, which, when in flower, had attracted many wild bees, gradually assumed their bright velvety crimson hue, and by their weight again bent down and broke their tender limbs." ―Henry David Thoreau
18. "August depresses me a little. I don't even feel like eating. And when I don't eat, that's a sure sign of stagnation." ―Willard Scott
19. "Breathe the sweetness that hovers in August." ―Denise Levertov
20. "It is best to be born in April or August when the life-giving Sun is in its exaltation . . . for then we enter the sea of life on the crest-wave and are backed in the battle of existence by an abundant fund of vim and energy." ―Max Heindel
21. "Today is the first of August. It is hot, steamy, and wet. It is raining. I am tempted to write a poem." ―Sylvia Plath
22. "August is a gentle reminder for not doing a single thing from your new year resolution for seven months and not doing it for next five." ―Crestless Wave
23. "I love the little garden in the back of my family's brownstone in Brooklyn. Digging out there in the dirt is a joy for me, although by the time August rolls around and my roses have black spot, I need the break winter provides." ―Siri Hustvedt
24. "August is a great month in the garden, with many flowers, including dahlias, sunflowers and other hot-coloured blooms at their peak." ―BBC Gardeners' World Magazine
25. "Less than a month ago all of August still stretched before us - long and golden and reassuring, like an endless period of delicious sleep." ―Lauren Oliver
26. "Everything good, everything magical happens between the months of June and August. Winters are simply a time to count the weeks until the next summer." ―Jenny Han
27. "One day you discover you are alive . . . but, not long after, the sun goes out. Snow falls, but no one sees it, on an August noon." ―Ray Bradbury
You Will Like These
If you enjoyed these quotes, here are some other quotes and articles that are sure to help improve your life.