Dave Ramsey Net Worth = $55 Million
Dave Ramsey is one of the biggest leaders of the personal finance space. He is a devout Christian that uses those principles to help people get their finances back on track. He does this through his podcast and radio show, social media, books and Financial Peace University.
What started off as him counseling couples has turned into a massive empire that he has used to invest in real estate and other businesses using all cash.
Source of Wealth
Total Money Makeover
Quotes - Dave Ramsey Net Worth and Key Habits
1. “If you will live like no one else, later you can live like no one else.” – Dave Ramsey
2. “We buy things we don’t need with money we don’t have to impress people we don’t like.” – Dave Ramsey
3. “Act your wage.” – Dave Ramsey
4. “You must gain control over your money or the lack of it will forever control you.” – Dave Ramsey
5. “For your own good, for the good of your family and your future, grow a backbone. When something is wrong, stand up and say it is wrong, and don’t back down.” – Dave Ramsey
6. “Change is painful. Few people have the courage to seek out change. Most people won’t change until the pain of where they are exceeds the pain of change.” – Dave Ramsey
Dave Ramsey Net Worth and Key Habits
Habit #1 - Erase All Debt
The Dave Ramsey net worth has been built almost exclusively through teaching people how to clear debt. Americans have built up so much student loan debt and personal debt that they can't even breathe. It causes people to lose sleep, stress, get divorced and creates so many other issues.
His solution is to pay it all off as quickly as possible using the debt snowball. You pay it off by paying the lowest balances first and then snowball that money into the larger ones.
Habit #2 - Save and Live Below Your Means
Saving and living below your means is easier said than done because most people spend to the amount they make. You make more money so you find new ways to spend that money and you keep doing this in order to keep up with people. Dave Ramsey made it a habit to spend much less than he earns so he can use the rest of the money to build wealth.
You don't want to get to a place where you are spending all that you earn because even as you earn more you will just find ways to spend more money. Most people don't have earning problems they have spending problems. If you make $400,000 a year but spend it all then you are still broke but you will have nice things.
Habit #3 - Invest Smarter
The last piece to financial freedoms is to invest your money. Dave Ramsey teaches people to invest in mutual funds and let the money sit there over the long run. Many disagree with his methods but the point remains the same. Put your money into vehicles that can make you more money over time.
Many people approach investing thinking that they have to go after the risk riskiest investments in order to have success. Dave Ramsey believes you should play it safe and let your money sit over the long run.