Dave Chappelle Net Worth = $50 Million
Dave Chappelle built his net worth has a stand-up comedian, actor, writer and producer. Chappelle has won two Emmy Awards and three Grammy awards. The comedian is best known for his self-named show. He has also appeared in movies such as Blue Streak and The Nutty Professor, and his first lead role was a movie called Half Baked.
In 2016, Dave Chappelle signed a $20 Million deal with Netflix for Stand up specials, and he has released five of them under that deal so far.
Source of Wealth
The Chappelle Show
Quotes - Dave Chappelle Net Worth and Key Habits
1. “My father told me, ‘Name your price in the beginning. If it ever gets more expensive than the price you name, get out of there.’” – Dave Chappelle
2. “I just always loved stand-up. It’s like magic. You say something, and a whole room full of people laughs together. Say something else; they laugh again. The fact that people come to see that and participate in that… I don’t know; it’s just like magic.” – Dave Chappelle
3. “If you don’t have the right people around you and you’re moving at a million miles an hour, you can lose yourself.” – Dave Chappelle
4. “Whether it means having a show, or a movie, or just being on a stage, I need an avenue to say what I have to say.” – Dave Chappelle
5. “There’s something about doing stand-up that’s cathartic.” – Dave Chappelle
Dave Chappelle Net Worth and Key Habits
Habit #1 - Play to Your Strengths
Dave Chappelle produces amazing comedy because he stays within his strengths. Dave is known for using the same voice to make fun of people. He is not one of those people who can imitate anyone perfectly, but he does not need to be. He is also a brilliant writer and thinks of things most people do not think of. Its the combination of his strong writing, funny facial expressions and his tone of voice that make his work brilliant.
If you look at Dave Chappelle and his body of work, it does not scream talented. You don't need to be talented, but you do need to be willing to work with the tools you have. When you work with the tools you have to the best of your ability, your weaknesses can fade away.
Habit #2 - Strike Out and Try Again
Dave Chappelle has an interview on a late-night show where he talks about how people always ask him what will happen if no one laughs at his jokes. He replies by saying that "nothing happens," you don't do die, and you still get paid the same way. The point he is making is that you can't be scared to try and fail. People fear failure because they are scared of what other people are going to say about them. All the good lessons in life come from trying things and them not working out.
When was the last time you did something for the first time? Sometimes success is about trying as many new things as you possibly can until something sticks. You will have a lot of failures, but once you succeed, people only remember what went well.
Habit #3 - Empower Yourself
Dave Chappelle is known for walking away from the Chappelle Show in the peak of its popularity to go and live in South Africa. He wanted to live in a place where he would not be recognized or considered famous so that is ego could calm down, and he could see more clearly. He realized during this time that he was being run by the entertainment industry, and he did not like it. He started learning more about his history as a black man and began to empower himself and make more educated choices.
They say knowledge is power, and all it takes is wanting to know what you don't already know. To get to the place, you must admit that you don't know it all, and that can be a tough thing for so many people to grasp. When you begin to learn more and step back from your current situations, you empower yourself to take control of your life and make better choices moving forward.