Russell Wilson Net Worth = $115 Million
Russell Wilson built his net worth as an NFL Quarterback. He played college football for the University of Wisconsin. He led his college team to a BIG TEN title and a Rose Bowl appearance. He was selected by the Seahawks with the 12th pick in the 3rd round. He went on to surpass expectations and start and win the rookie of the year. In 2019, he signed a $140 million contract extension.
Source of Wealth
QB of Seahawks
Quotes - Russell Wilson Net Worth and Key Habits
1. “Every setback has a major comeback.” – Russell Wilson
2. “Always persevere, always have a great perspective, and always have great purpose in your life.” – Russell Wilson
3. “I think to be a great quarterback, you have to have a great leadership, great attention to detail, and a relentless competitive nature. And that’s what I try to bring to the table, and I have a long way to go. I’m still learning, and I’m still on a constant quest for knowledge.” – Russell Wilson
4. “I truly believe in positive synergy, that your positive mindset gives you a more hopeful outlook, and belief that you can do something great means you will do something great.” – Russell Wilson
5. “Every day I wake up and that’s my goal, to be on a constant quest for knowledge and do something different, being unique and being uncommon.” – Russell Wilson
6. “I thought about all the people that told me I couldn’t do it and told me I couldn’t get there.” – Russell Wilson
Russell Wilson Net Worth and Key Habits
Habit #1 - Beat The Odds
Russell Wilson was a third round draft pick. He was not expected to become the face of the NFL and a superstar. The reason Russell Wilson has been able to be so great is because he focuses on beating the odds. As an undersized QB that was considered to be too short to be one of the greats, he made a choice that he was going to overcome that and his skin color to defy the odds. He has made a career of beating expectations.
Don't let people put you in a box and tell you what you can and can't do. You have to decide what you want your life to be. If you leave it up to other people, chances are that they will not expect much from you. Defying the odds will not happen with out work though. You have to understand you have an uphill battle and be up for the journey.
Habit #2 - Lead With Gentleness
Russell Wilson is not that leader that is seen screaming and demeaning other players. When you think of great athletes like Michael Jordan, they can be known for being harsh and quick to get on top of other people. Russell Wilson has a leadership style that is much gentler. He wants to be your friend and come behind you and make sure that you know that he cares.
Know what your leadership style is. You don't have to try and be anyone else. All you have to do is lock into being who you are. Russell Wilson does not try and be other QB's but he works on being the best version of himself. Leadership is about accomplishing the mission with the team you have. As long as you can do that, it does not matter how you get there.
Habit #3 -Live Out Your Faith
Russell Wilson is follower of Jesus Christ. One of the habits that separates him from the rest though is that he does not just talk about it but he lives it out in his life everyday. Russell Wilson is known for serving his community and teamattes at every chance he gets. He loves his family and spends plenty of time with his wife Ciara and their children.
Talking about your faith and living it out are two very different things. Anyone can say they have good morals and they know what to do but its a different story when you look at their lives. You don't always see the fruit that you expect to see. You make sure that you are the type of person to back it up.